Understanding the dynamics of coupled human-environmental systems is one of the great challenges of our time.
This cluster brings together members of the School of Geography and the Environment who work on the interactions of human activities with natural systems, from the perspective of pure theoretical and scientific research, to policy, governance and practical applications in resource management, technology, water and food security water, energy, and more.
The following are examples of some of the projects and programmes currently underway within the cluster:
Diagram showing the related themes included within the Environmental Interactions research cluster
News and Research Highlights
- Khosla, R. and Dubash, N. (2020) Rethinking India's Energy Policy: Development Challenge around Multiple Objectives. Economic and Political Weekly, 55(32-33): 38-44.
- Bhardwaj, A. and Khosla, R. (2020) Superimposition: How Indian city bureaucracies are responding to climate change. Environment and Planning E: Nature and Space: 1-32.
- Notz, D., Dörr, J., Bailey, D.A., Blockley, E., Bushuk, M., Debernard, J.B., Dekker, E., DeRepentigny, P., Docquier, D., Fu?kar, N.S., Fyfe, J.C., Jahn, A., Holland, M., Hunke, E., Iovino, D., Khosravi, N., Madec, G., Massonnet, F., O'Farrell, S., Petty, A., Rana, A., Roach, L., Rosenblum, E., Rousset, C., Semmler, T., Stroeve, J., Toyoda, T., Tremblay, B., Tsujino, H. and Vancoppenolle, M. (2020) Arctic sea ice in CMIP6. Geophysical Research Letters, 47. e2019GL086749.
- Dong, S., Abolfathi, S., Salauddin, M., Tan, Z.H. and Pearson, J.M. (2020) Enhancing climate resilience of vertical seawall with retrofitting - a physical modelling study. Applied Ocean Research, 103. 102331.
- Li, J. and Huang, J. (2020) The expansion of China's solar energy: Challenges and policy options. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 132. 110002.