The following is a sample of publications, from a wide variety of disciplines, which have used RMS meteorological data. If you think RMS data would be useful for your research, please contact the Meteorological Observer.
- Noordam, R. et al. (2019) Associations of Outdoor Temperature, Bright Sunlight, and Cardiometabolic Traits in Two European Population-Based Cohorts. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 104(7), 2903-2910.
- Cook, M.H. (2018) 'A River with a City Problem, not a City with a River Problem': Brisbane and its Flood-Prone River. Environment and History, 24(4), 469-496.
- Coombes, M. A., Viles, H. A., and Zhang, H. (2018) Thermal blanketing by ivy (Hedera helix L.) can protect building stone from damaging frosts. Scientific Reports 8(1), 9834.
- Linton, D.M. and Macdonald, D.W. (2018) Spring weather conditions influence breeding phenology and reproductive success in sympatric bat populations. Journal of Animal Ecology 87(4), 1080-1090.
- Carmona-Quiroga et al. (2017) Efficiency and durability of a self-cleaning coating on concrete and stones under both natural and artificial ageing trials. Applied Surface Science, 433, 312-320.
- Hooke, R.J., Higlett, M.P., Hunter, N. and O’Hagan, J.B. (2017) Long term variations in erythema effective solar UV and Chilton, UK, from 1991 to 2015. Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences.
2016 and earlier
- Toledo, A. et al. (2016) Fatty acid profiles of great tit (Parus major) eggs differ between urban and rural habitats, but not between coniferous and deciduous forests. The Science of Nature, 103(55).
- Bagniewska, J.M., Harrington, L.A., Hart, T., Harrington, A.L., Fasola, L. and Macdonald, D.W. (2015) Persistence in diving American mink. Animal Biotelemetry, 3(18).
- Nouvellet, P., Newman, C., Duesching, C.D. and Macdonald, D.W. (2013) A Multi-Metric Approach to Investigate the Effects of Weather Conditions on the Demographic of a Terrestrial Mammal, the European Badger (Meles meles). PLoS ONE, 8(7).
- Todd, B., Macdonald, N., Chiverrell, R.C., Caminade, C. and Hooke, J.M. (2013) Severity, duration and frequency of drought in SE England from 1697 to 2011. Climatic Change, 121(4), 673-687.
- Burt, T.P. and Howden, N.J.K. (2011) A homogenous daily rainfall record for the Radcliffe Observatory, Oxford, from the 1820s. Water Resources Research, 47.
- Diffey, B. (2003) Climate change, ozone depletion and the impact on ultraviolet exposure of human skin. Physics in Medicine & Biology, 49(1) R1.
- Burt, T.P. and Shahgedanova, M. (1998) An historical record of evaporation losses since 1815 calculated using long-term observations from the Radcliffe Meteorological Station, Oxford, England. Journal of Hydrology, 205(1-2), 101-111.
- Burt, T.P. (1994) Long-term study of the natural environment - perceptive science or mindless monitoring? Progress in Physical Geography,18(4), 475-496.
- Parker, D.E., Legg, T.P. and Folland, C.K. (1992) A new daily central England temperature series, 1772-1991. International Journal of Climatology, 12, 312-342.