Watch Prof Yadvinder Malhi provide an overview of the Biodiversity, Ecosystems and Conservation research cluster at the SEED 2015 event.
Members of this research cluster work on both scientific and social scientific dimensions of the functioning of ecological and biogeographical systems, with principal interests in macroecology, island biogeography, diversity theory, ecosystem dynamics, conservation biogeography, conservation governance, biodiversity and climate adaptation and conservation and traditional ecological knowledge.
Our principal themes of interest are:
|Biodiversity:||macroecology; island biogeography; diversity theory; in which areas our work involves multi-scale ecological and evolutionary approaches to understanding patterns in biodiversity.|
|Ecosystems:||ecosystem dynamics; understanding what makes contemporary ecosystems; and how they may be affected by direct human pressures and global atmospheric change.|
|Conservation:||conservation biogeography; conservation governance; biodiversity and climate adaptation; conservation and traditional ecological knowledge.|
News and Research Highlights
- Chaudhury, A., and Hasnain, S. (2021) Financing food system transformation: insights from global climate projects. Journal of the British Academy, 9(102): 21-42.
- Zhang, Z., Zhang, H., Cui, Z., Tao, F., Chen, Z., Chang, Y., Magliulo, V., Wohlfahrt, G. and Zhao, D. (2021) Global consistency in response of terrestrial ecosystem respiration to temperature. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 308-309. 108576.
- Terrer, C., Phillips, R., Hungate, B., Rosende, J., Pett-Ridge, J., Craig, M., van Groenigen, K., Keenan, T., Sulman, B., Stocker, B., Reich, P., Pellegrini, A., Pendall, E., Zhang, H., Evans, R., Carrillo, Y., Fisher, J., Van Sundert, K., Vicca, S. and Jackson, R. (2021) A trade-off between plant and soil carbon storage under elevated CO2. Nature, 591(7851): 599-603.
- Zeeshan, M., Zhang, H., Sha, L., Palingamoorthy, G., Phyo, Z., Chen, Z., Quadros, G. and Azeez, P. (2021) Environmental change perception and engagement of mountainous people in Western Himalayas, at Rajouri District, Jammu and Kashmir, India. Weather, Climate, and Society, 13(4): 847-857.
- Zhang, H. (2021) ARTofR: make pretty comments and headers. R package version 0.2.