Essays on the post-carbon transition
Sugandha is DPhil candidate in Environmental Economics at the University of Oxford supervised by Prof Cameron Hepburn and Dr Jacquelyn Pless.
Sugandha's research interests include the:
- economics of innovation
- environmental economics
- public economics
- political economy
Her current research assesses the impact of risk-reducing policies in incentivizing frontier innovation; the interaction of market failures and its effect on the direction of innovation; and the political-economy of energy transitions.
She previously worked as an environmental economist at Vivid Economics in London, and prior to that, as a trade economist at ICRIER in New Delhi.
Sugandha has worked with governments, international organisations and private firms to advise on various aspects of climate policy.
- Fankhauser, S., Kotsch, R. and Srivastav, S. (2020) The readiness of industry for a transformative recovery from COVID 19. Global Sustainability, 3. e37.
- Rafaty, R., Srivastav, S. and Hoops, B. (2020) Revoking coal mining permits: an economic and legal analysis. Climate Policy, 20(8): 980-996.
- Farmer, J.D., Hepburn, C., Ives, M.C., Hale, T., Wetzer, T., Mealy, P. Rafaty, R., Srivastav, S. and Way, R. (2019) Sensitive intervention points in the post-carbon transition. Science, 364(6436): 132-134.
- Srivastav, S., Fankhauser, S. and Kazaglis, A. (2018) Low-Carbon Competitiveness in Asia. Economies, 6(1). 5.
- Cohen, F., Ives, M., Srivastav, S., Schwarz, M., Lu, Y., Mealy, P., De Souza, P., Jackson, L. and Hepburn, C. (2020) Climate change and Emerging Markets after Covid-19. Pictet Asset Management 153 pp.