Calculate tropical NPP by upscaling empirical findings from plot-level forest inventory to a larger scale
Huanyuan has special interest in applying mathematical modelling and remote sensing technique in studying the terrestrial carbon cycle. Before coming to Oxford, Huanyuan completed a dual-Bachelor Degree in Environmental science, University of Birmingham and Sun Yat-sen University. an MRes on Ecosystem and Environmental change, Imperial College London. Before coming to Oxford, Huanyuan previously worked on the CO2 fertilization effect on terrestrial ecosystem and land carbon sink modelling. Huanyuan is also a qualified PADI dive master.
Awards and funding
- 2016 National 3rd Class and Enterprise Scholarships (Sun Yat-sen University)
- 2019 Tang Scholarship by China Oxford Scholarship Fund
- 2019 Henfrey graduate scholarship by St Catherine's College, Oxford
- 2020 Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden Open Funding
- Terrer, C., Phillips, R., Hungate, B., Rosende, J., Pett-Ridge, J., Craig, M., van Groenigen, K., Keenan, T., Sulman, B., Stocker, B., Reich, P., Pellegrini, A., Pendall, E., Zhang, H., Evans, R., Carrillo, Y., Fisher, J., Van Sundert, K., Vicca, S. and Jackson, R. (2021) A trade-off between plant and soil carbon storage under elevated CO2. Nature, 591(7851): 599-603.
- Zeeshan, M., Zhang, H., Sha, L., Palingamoorthy, G., Phyo, Z., Chen, Z., Quadros, G. and Azeez, P. (2021) Environmental change perception and engagement of mountainous people in Western Himalayas, at Rajouri District, Jammu and Kashmir, India. Weather, Climate, and Society, 13(4): 847-857.
- Zhang, Z., Zhang, H., Cui, Z., Tao, F., Chen, Z., Chang, Y., Magliulo, V., Wohlfahrt, G. and Zhao, D. (2021) Global consistency in response of terrestrial ecosystem respiration to temperature. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 308-309. 108576.
- Zhang, Z., Wang, W., Qi, J., Zhang, H., Tao, F. and Zhang, R. (2018) Priming effects of soil organic matter decomposition with addition of different carbon substrates. Journal of Soils and Sediments, 19: 1171-1178.
- Zhang, Z., Zhang, R., Zhou, Y., Cescatti, A., Wohlfahrt, G., Sun, M., et al. (2018) A temperature threshold to identify the driving climate forces of the respiratory process in terrestrial ecosystems. European Journal of Soil Biology, 89: 1-8.
- Zhang, H., Prentice, I.C., Terrer, C., Keenan, T. and Franklin, O. (2020) Can elevated CO2 experiments explain the magnitude of the land carbon sink? EGU General Assembly 2020, Online, 4-8 May 2020, EGU2020-11589.
- Zhang, H. (2021) ARTofR: make pretty comments and headers. R package version 0.2.