"Geography has never been more relevant, as the world faces increasing challenges, and solutions to human and environmental problems are urgently being sought. Our completely revised Oxford Geography course provides undergraduate students with a wide range of experience and skills across the breadth of geography, based on in-depth teaching from our many expert staff."
Prof Heather Viles, Head of School
About the BA in Geography course
Explore our course information to:
- learn about the course and how it is taught and assessed
- find out whether you meet our selection criteria
- decide how to choose a college
- meet our teaching staff and some of our current students
- discover your potential career and further study opportunities as one of our graduates
We hold an annual Department Open Day and participate in the University's Oxford Open Days with events and info provided for prospective undergraduate students.
|Department Open Day||Oxford Open Days|
|Oxford Open Days|
Open day talks
- View a presentation of Geography at Oxford
by Dr Jamie Lorimer at the 2015 Open Day
- Listen to Dr Marc Macias-Fauria's 2015 Open Day talk: Climate and ecological change in the Arctic: living in the fast lane
Info for current students
Please also see the main University of Oxford Student Gateway for more information.
SoGE Alumni Network
The School has an active alumni community. With over 5,000 former geography undergraduates as well as more than 1,500 Masters and DPhil graduates this network is a growing source of professional contacts, knowledge, and advice.
Learn more about the SoGE Alumni Network.