Dr Shasha Han is a postdoctoral researcher in the Water and Climate Extremes research group, working with Dr Louise Slater in the research areas of hydroclimatic extremes and flood non-stationarity. Shasha aims to investigate changes in flooding over time in the context of changing climate and land cover and assess the associated uncertainty. Her research interests cover non-stationarity prediction and projection, climate and land cover change impacts, uncertainty analysis, hydrologic modelling, probabilistic flood forecasting, and floodplain mapping.
Shasha received her MSc from Beijing Normal University, China, in 2014 and completed her PhD at McMaster University, Canada, in 2019. Her PhD thesis focuses on probabilistic flood forecasting using advanced Bayesian techniques. Prior to joining the University of Oxford, Shasha worked as a postdoctoral research fellow in Water Resources and Hydroclimatic Modelling lab at McMaster University, focusing on the development of a Canadian adaptive flood forecasting and early warning system and probabilistic floodplain mapping under climate change.
- Slater, L.J., Anderson, B., Buechel, M., Dadson, S., Han, S., Harrigan, S., Kelder, T., Kowal, K., Lees, T., Matthews, T., Murphy, C. and Wilby, R.L. (2020) Nonstationary weather and water extremes: a review of methods for their detection, attribution, and management. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions.
- Han, S. and Coulibaly, P. (2019) Probabilistic flood forecasting using hydrologic uncertainty processor with ensemble weather forecasts. Journal of Hydrometeorology, 20(7): 1379-1398.
- Han, S., Coulibaly, P. and Biondi, D. (2019) Assessing hydrologic uncertainty processor performance for flood forecasting in a semiurban watershed. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 24(9). 05019025.
- Han, S. and Coulibaly, P. (2017) Bayesian flood forecasting methods: A review. Journal of Hydrology, 551: 340-351.
- Zhao, Y., Han, S., et al. (2015) Comparative study of heavy metals in "soil-wheat" system between sewage-irrigated area and clean water-irrigated area in suburban Beijing. Journal of Environmental Health, 77(6): 28-34.
- Zhao, Y., Mao, G., Han, S. and Gao, L. (2015) Effect of nanomaterials on heavy metal transport in alkaline soil. Soil and Sediment Contamination, 24(6): 694-703.
- Zhou, L., Zhao, Y., Wang, S., Han, S., et al. (2015) Lead in the soil-mulberry (Morus alba L.)-silkworm (Bombyx mori) food chain: Translocation and detoxification. Chemosphere, 128: 171-177.
- Han, S. and Coulibaly, P. (2018) Hydrologic Uncertainty Processor with bias corrected ensemble weather forecasts to assess predictive uncertainty in flood forecasting. Oral presentation at 2018 AGU Fall Meeting, December 10-14, 2018, Washington, D.C.
- Han, S., Biondi, D. and Coulibaly, P. (2017) Uncertainty Estimation through Bayesian Forecasting System: A Case Study. Oral presentation at 2017 EWRI World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, May 21-25, 2017, Sacramento, California.