Nassim joined SoGE in January 2021. Prior to this, she worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at the Global Health Institute- American University of Beirut, Lebanon. Her previous work focused on water management & anti-microbial resistance, health systems strengthening and urban resilience in the Global South with more focus on conflict-affected settings.
Postdoctoral Researcher in Water Quality, Climate and Health
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NassimElAchi
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nassim-el-achi-b6a22b135/
Nassim is currently working as a postdoctoral researcher in water quality, climate and health as part of the SafePani project which is conducted in collaboration with UNICEF-Bangladesh.
Her research focuses on measuring and communicating water quality risks that impede achieving water security in rural & coastal areas in Bangladesh. she has a particular interest in designing and implementing context-specific safe water monitoring programmes while working closely and hand in hand with the local stakeholders.
- El Achi, N. (forthcoming) Exploring the role of City Networks in supporting urban resilience to COVID-19 in conflict-affected settings. Open Health, February 2021.
- El Achi, N. (forthcoming) Health Research Capacity Building of Health Workers in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings: A Scoping Review of Challenges, Strengths, and Recommendations. BMC Health Research and Policy, September 2020.
- Zeitoun, M., Abu-Sittah, G., Shomar, R. and El Achi, N. (2021) AMR and Covid-19 on the Frontline: A Call to Rethink War, WASH, and Public Health. Annals of Global Health, 87(1): 21.
- Abdul-Khalek, R.A., Abu-Sittah, G., El Achi, N., Kayyal, W., Elamine, A., Noubani, A., Menassa, M., Ahmed, F., Sullivan, R. and Mukherji, D. (2020) Mapping breast cancer journal publications in conflict settings in the MENA region: A scoping review. ecancer, 14. 1129.
- Abdul-Sater, Z., Menassa, M., El Achi, N., Abdul-Khalek, R.A., Abu-Sittah, G. and Mukhreji, D. (2020) Strengthening capacity for cancer research in conflict settings: key informant insights from the Middle East. ecancer, 14. 1153.
- El Achi, N. and Rouse, M.J. (2020) A hybrid hydraulic model for gradual transition from intermittent to continuous water supply in Amman, Jordan: a theoretical study. IWA Publishing, Water Supply, 20(1): 118-129.
- El Achi, N., Bakkour, Y., Adhami, W., Molina, J., Penhoat, M., Azaroual, N., Chausset-Boissarie, L. and Rolando, C. (2020) Metal-Free ATRP Catalyzed by Visible Light in Continuous Flow. Frontiers in Chemistry, 8: 740.
- El Achi, N., Honein-Abouhaidar, G., Rizk, A., Kobeissi, E., Papamichail, A., Meagher, K., Ekzayez, A., Abu-Sittah, G.S. and Patel, P. (2020) Assessing the capacity for conflict and health research in Lebanon: a qualitative study. Conflict and Health, 14(59): 1-18.
- El Achi, N., Menassa, M., Sullivan, R., Patel, P., Giacaman, R. and Abu-Sittah, G. (2020) Ecology of war and the subjugation of health research: Insights from the Middle East and North Africa Region. Annals for Global Health, 86(1): 120.
- Patel, P., Meagher, M., El Achi, N., Ekzayez, A., Sullivan, R. and Bowsher, G. (2020) "Having more women humanitarian leaders will help transform the humanitarian system": challenges and opportunities for women leaders in conflict and humanitarian health. Conflict and Health, 14: 84.
- Bowsher, G., Papamichail, A., El Achi, N., Ekzayez, A., Roberts, B., Sullivan, R. and Patel, P. (2019) A narrative review of health research capacity strengthening in low and middle-income countries: lessons for conflict-affected areas. Globalization and Health, 15(1): 23.
- El Achi, N., Gelat, F., Cheval, N., Bakkour, Y., Chausset-Boissarie, L., Penhoat, M. and Rolando, C. (2019) Sensitized [2 + 2] intramolecular photocycloaddition of unsaturated enones using UV LEDs in a continuous flow reactor: kinetic and preparative aspects. Reaction Chemistry and Engineering, 4: 828-837.
- El Achi, N., Papamichail, A., Rizk, A., Lindsay, H., Menassa, M., Abdel-Khalek, R.A., Dewachi, O. and Patel, P. (2019) Conflict and health research in the Middle East and North Africa region: A conceptual framework for capacity strengthening. Globalization and Health, 15(1): 1-15.
- El Achi, N., Bakkour, Y., Chausset-Boissarie, L., Penhoat, M. and Rolando, C. (2017) Rapid and facile chemical actinometric protocol for photo-microfluidic systems using azobenzene and NMR spectroscopy. RSC Advances, 7(47): 29815-29820.
- El Achi, N., Bakkour, Y., Penhoat, M., Rolando, C. and Chausset-Boissarie, L. (2016) Continuous UV-Flow Microsystem for Efficient Radical Generation from Organotrifluoroborates by Photoredox Catalysis. European Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2016(25): 4284-4288.
- El Achi, N. (forthcoming) Title Forthcoming. In, Water Reuse in MENA: a source book. International Water Management Institute (IWMI).
- El Achi, N. and Rouse, M.J. (2020) A Road Map to Sustainable Urban Water Supply. Chapter 17 in, Dadson, S.J., Garrick, D.E., Penning-Rowsell, E.C., Hall, J.W., Hope, R. and Hughes, J. (eds.) Water Science, Policy and Management: A Global Challenge. Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford. ISBN: 978-1-119-52060-3.
- "E-Health for Conflict: A Narrative Review of the Application of E-Health Technologies in Contemporary Conflict Settings" submitted to Health Policy and Planning, September 2020.
- "Anti-Microbial Resistant Bacteria in Water Samples at Health Care Facilities in the Gaza Strip."
- "WASH and Anti-Microbial Resistant in conflict settings: A scoping review."
- "City partnerships for more secure healthcare: the case study of Lebanon."