May is a Senior Research Associate in Water Quality, Climate and Health. She is involved with the Water Security and Sustainable Development GCRF Hub and REACH programmes. Her current research aims to integrate health into water security methodologies and tools as well as the delivery of safe drinking water and climate resilient water supplies. Her research interests also focus on sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), health, NTDs and behaviour change. She has a keen interest in stakeholder engagement, equity and effectively communicating scientific evidence to help inform public policy.
Senior Research Associate in Water Quality, Climate and Health
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hylton, E., Noad, L., Templeton, M.R. and Sule, M.N. (2020) The rate of vermi-compost accumulation within 'Tiger Toilets' in India. Environmental Technology.
- Sule, M.N., Kinung'hi, S.M., Hilonga, A., Mosha, J. and Templeton, M.R. (2020) Assessing Behaviour Towards the Uptake of a Novel Low-cost Water Filtration System in Schistosomiasis-endemic Communities in Mwanza, Tanzania. American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) Annual Meeting.
- Imana, T., Zewge, F., Sule, M., Templeton, M., et al. (2019) Schistosomiasis Awareness and Community Water Contact Practices in Kemise Town, Ethiopia. 6th Annual International Conference on Public Health, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Sule, M.N., Kingung'hi, S., Imana, T., Bewley, E., Mosha, J., Angelo, T., Rafiq, K., Dower, A., Zewge, F., Templeton, M.R., et al. (2019) A theatre-based approach for assessing and influencing high-risk water contact behaviours of schistosomiasis-endemic communities in Ethiopia and Tanzania. American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) Annual Meeting, National Harbor, Maryland, USA.
- Hammoud, A.S., Leung, J., Tripathi, S., Butler, A.P., Sule, M.N., Templeton, M.R., et al. (2018) The impact of latrine contents and emptying practices on nitrogen contamination of well water in Kathmandu Valley, Nepal. AIMS Environmental Science, 5(3): 143-153.
- Koppelaar, R.H.E.M., Sule, M.N., Kis, Z., Mensah, F.K., Wang, X., Triantafyllidis, C., Van Dam, K.H., Shah, N., et al. (2018) Framework for WASH sector data improvements in data-poor environments, applied to Accra, Ghana. Water, 10(9). 1278.
- Sule, M., Braun, L., Luo, X., Hazell, L., Templeton, M., et al. (2018) Systematic Review of Water Treatment Methods and Knowledge, Attitude and Perceptions of Case Study Communities. 2nd Early Career WASH Conference - New Perspectives in WASH.
- Sule, M.N., Templeton, M.R. and Bond, T. (2016) Rejection of organic micro-pollutants from water by a tubular, hydrophilic pervaporative membrane designed for irrigation applications. Environmental Technology, 37(11): 1382-1389.
- Bond, T., Sule, M.N., Todman, L.C., Templeton, M.R., Brant, J., et al. (2014) Pervaporative membrane filtration for subsurface irrigation. 248th American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition, San Francisco, California, USA.
- Sule, M., Jiang, J., Templeton, M., Huth, E., Brant, J., Bond, T., et al. (2014) Erratum: Salt rejection and water flux through a tubular pervaporative polymer membrane designed for irrigation applications (Environmental Technology (United Kingdom) (2014) 34:10 (1329-1339) DOI: 10.1080/09593330.2012.746736). Environmental Technology, 35(4): 521.
- Sule, M.N., Bond, T., Templeton, M.R., Todman, L.C., et al. (2013) Desalination performance of a tubular pervaporative hydrophilic membrane for irrigation applications. Elsevier MEMDES 2013: 1st Conference on Desalination using Membrane Technology, Sitges, Spain.
- Sule, M.N., Jiang, J., Templeton, M.R., Huth, E., Brant, J., Bond, T., et al. (2013) Salt rejection and water flux through a tubular pervaporative polymer membrane designed for irrigation applications. Environmental Technology, 34(10): 1329-1339.
- Sule, M. (2011) Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in developing countries: Learning from WaterAid's approach. 15th International Conference for Women Engineers and Scientists.
- Sule, M.N. and Templeton, M.R. (2011) Reclamation of oilfield produced water using hydrophilic pervaporative membranes. 15th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists, Adelaide, Australia.