We don't live in the country we thought we lived in anymore; it has changed because we have changed. When it comes to immigration, the population explosion, the collapse of the family, the north-south divide, or the death of the countryside, common wisdom tells us that we are in trouble; however, this is far from the truth. In this anatomy of contemporary Britain, Danny Dorling dissects the nation and reveals unexpected truths about the way we live today, contrary to what you might read in the news. Exploring the key issues that make the headlines, this book will change the way you think about the country and explain just why you should feel positive about the future.
- Why there are more young women in London than men
- Why the North/South Divide is moving southwards
- Why we need more immigrants rather than less
- Why the population time bomb is a myth
- Why there are more divorced people in Blackpool than anywhere else
- Why young black people don't vote
On this book companion website you find further material including reading samples, data and all figures from the book. Please go to the Material section to get an overview of what is available online and to view the online image gallery of the graphics and diagrams from the book.