On this page you can find material from the book Bankrupt Britain: An Atlas of Social Change. To find out more about the book, please go to the overview.
- Sample page PDF: 342.2 KB
- Sample pages, locator maps and updated maps PDF: 18.3 MB
- Appendix Microsoft Excel: 128.5 KB
Talks by Danny Dorling
- Social Science Bites Podcast: Danny Dorling on Inequality (MP3 audio file, 11 MB)
- An Atlas of the Recession: Keynote at the Annual Conference of the Royal Statistical Society, London, 27th October 2010.
- How long before we see life expectancy falling in some areas of the UK? Invited School-Wide Lecture, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 15th March 2011.
- The geography of austerity: consequences of the coalition government cuts MP3: 47.2 MB - Invited Seminar and Debate with a response from David Hall Mathews of the Liberal Democrats, 2nd February, Geography Department, University of Leeds, 2nd February 2011.
- The geography of austerity and the alternatives MP3: 44.9 MB - Yorkshire and Humber Forum Annual Lecture, Sheffield, 27th January.
- Mapping Bankrupt Britain MP3: 46.8 MB (talk given on the day GDP fell by 0.5%): invited seminar, Department of Geography, Kings College London, 25th January 2011.
- The Wealth Chasm - 100 years of tackling poverty and inequality in the capital: presentation, LVSC and Trust for London centenary conference on income inequality in London, Canary Wharf, 23rd November 2010.
Data used in the Atlas
- Chapter 1 Microsoft Excel: 1.3 MB
- Chapter 2 Microsoft Excel: 325.5 KB
- Chapter 3 Microsoft Excel: 493 KB
- Chapter 4 Microsoft Excel: 274.5 KB
- Chapter 5 Microsoft Excel: 279.5 KB
- Chapter 6 Microsoft Excel: 0.6 MB
Population Cartograms based on the Gastner-Newman method (Shapefiles)
- Constituencies 2010 ZIP: 510.9 KB
- Fire and Rescue Service ZIP: 273.7 KB
- Lieutenancies ZIP: 306.6 KB
- Local Authorities 2001 ZIP: 498 KB
- Local Authorities 2009 ZIP: 463.5 KB
- Local Education Authorities 2001 ZIP: 391.1 KB
- Local Education Authorities 2009 ZIP: 351.7 KB
- Primary Care Trusts 2009 ZIP: 345.7 KB