Academic publications and research outputs are also provided on individual staff webpages and by research cluster.
Publications from all members of the School of Geography and the Environment (including our research centres - the Environmental Change Institute, Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, and Transport Studies Unit) are provided below.
View publications from other years:
2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006
Selected Publications (from 2023 - present)
22 publications listed
- Baxter, T., Coombes, M. and Viles, H. (2023) Intertidal biodiversity and physical habitat complexity on historic masonry walls: A comparison with modern concrete infrastructure and natural rocky cliffs. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 188. 114617.
- Berghuijs, W. and Slater, L. (2023) Groundwater shapes North American river floods. Environmental Research Letters.
- Chausson, A., Welden, E.A., Melanidis, M., Gray, E., Hirons, M., Seddon, N. (2023) Going beyond market-based mechanisms to finance Nature-based Solutions and foster sustainable futures. PLOS Climate.
- Cusworth, G., Brice, J., Lorimer, J. and Garnett, T. (2023) When you wish upon a (GWP) star: Environmental governance and the reflexive performativity of global warming metrics. Social Studies of Science, 53(1): 3-28.
- Ettinger, J., McGivern, A., Spiegel, M.P., King, B., Shawoo, Z., Chapin, A. and Finnegan, W. (2023) Breaking the climate spiral of silence: lessons from a COP26 climate conversations campaign. Climatic Change, 176(22).
- Gueiros, C., Jodoin, S. and McDermott, C.L. (2023) Jurisdictional approaches to reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation in Brazil: Why do states adopt jurisdictional policies? Land Use Policy, 127. 106582.
- Hamper, J. and Perrota, M. (2023) Blurring the divide: Navigating the public/private landscape of fertility treatment in the UK. Health and Place, 80. 102992.
- Klinke, I. (2023) Life, earth, colony: Friedrich Ratzel's necropolitical geography. University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor. pp. 384. ISBN: 978-0-472-07617-8.
- Kowal, K., Slater, L., López, A.G. and Van Loon, A.F. (2023) A comparison of seasonal rainfall forecasts over Central America using dynamic and hybrid approaches from C3S and NMME. International Journal of Climatology.
- Moghayer, S., Zurek, M., Muzammil, M., Mason-D'Croz, D., Magrath, J., Tabeau, A., Vervoort, J.M. and Achterbosch, T. (2023) A low-carbon and hunger-free future for Bangladesh: An ex- ante assessment of synergies and trade-offs in different transition pathways. Frontiers in Environmental Science, 10.
- Moulds, S., Slater, L., Dunstone, N. and Smith, D. (2023) Skillful decadal flood prediction. Geophysical Research Letters, 50(3). e2022GL100650.
- Plyushteva, A. (2023) Affording mobility: Attending to the socio-material affordances of transport un/affordability. Journal of Transport Geography.
- Richards, J., Cooke, E., Coombes, M., Jones, J. and Viles, H. (2023) Evaluating the robustness of nature-based solutions: future resilience of sedum-based soft capping as a conservation approach for heritage sites in Britain and Ireland. Physical Geography.
- Vasudevan, A. (2023) La ciudad autónoma. Alianza Ensayo. pp. 464. ISBN: 978-84-1148-239-4.
- Vasudevan, A. (2023) The Autonomous City: A History of Urban Squatting (Second Edition). Verso Books. pp. 336. ISBN: 9781839767937.
- Wang, L., Gu, X., Slater, L., Li, J., Kong, D., Zhang, X. and Liu, J. (2023) Phase Shifts of the PDO and AMO Alter the Translation Distance of Global Tropical Cyclones. Earth's Future, 11(3). e2022EF003079.
- Watson, A. (2023) Radio and the Anti-Geopolitical Ear: Imaginative Geographies of a Syrian Family's Journey to Europe on BBC Radio 4. Social and Cultural Geography.
- Welden, E.A. (2023) Conceptualising Multispecies Collaboration: Work, animal labour and Nature-based Solutions. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers.
- Wright, R., Jackson, K., Girardin, C., Smith, N. and Wedding, L. (2023) GC Insights: Enhancing inclusive engagement with the geosciences through art-science collaborations. Geoscience Communication, 6: 39-43.
- Yang, W., Hu, J., Liu, Y. and Guo, W. (2023) Examining the influence of neighborhood and street-level built environment on fitness jogging in Chengdu, China: A massive GPS trajectory data analysis. Journal of Transport Geography, 108. 103575.
- Yin, J. and Slater, L. (2023) Increase in drought-heatwave events worsens socioeconomic productivity and carbon uptake. Nature Sustainability. Research Briefing.
- Yin, J., Gentine, P., Slater, L., Gu, L., Pokhrel, Y., Hanasaki, N., Guo, S., Xiong, L. and Schlenker, W. (2023) Future socio-ecosystem productivity threatened by compound drought-heatwave events. Nature Sustainability.