Selected Publications (2020)
15 publications listed
- Budnitz, H., Tranos, E. and Chapman, L. (2020) Responding to stormy weather: Choosing which journeys to make. Travel Behaviour and Society (special issue on “Changing Travel Behaviour in the Connected Era”), 18: 94-105.
- Dorling, D. (2020) Can economic inequality be reduced? Challenges and signs of hope in 2019. Chapter 12 in, Galvin, R. (ed.) Inequality and Energy: How Extremes of Wealth and Poverty in High Income Countries Affect CO2 Emissions and Access to Energy. Elsevier Academic Press. pp. 287-310. ISBN: 978-0-12-817674-0.
- Dorling, D. (2020) Slowdown: the end of the great acceleration - and why it's good for the planet, the economy, and our lives. Yale University Press, New Haven and London. pp. 400. ISBN: 978-0300243406.
- Dorling, D. and Koljonen, A. (2020) Finntopia: what we can learn from the world's happiest country. Agenda publishing / Columbia University Press, Newcastle and New York. ISBN: 978-1788212168.
- Fučkar, N.S., Otto, F.E., Lehner, F., Pinto, I., Sparrow, S., Li, S. and Wallom, D. (2020) On high precipitation in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Zambia in February 2018. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 101. S47-S52.
- Ioannou, S. and Wójcik, D. (2020) Finance and growth nexus: An international analysis across cities. Urban Studies.
- Jones, L. and Ballon, P. (2020) Tracking changes in resilience and recovery after natural hazards: Insights from a high-frequency mobile-phone panel survey. Global Environmental Change, 62(May 2020 102053): 1-15.
- Kamat, A.S., Khosla, R. and Narayanamurti, V. (2020) Illuminating homes with LEDs in India: Rapid market creation towards low-carbon technology transition in a developing country. Energy Research and Social Science, 66. 101488.
- Knowles, R.D., Ferbrache, F. and Nikitas, A. (2020) Transport's historical, contemporary and future role in shaping urban development: Re-evaluating transit oriented development. Cities, 99.
- Mattauch, L., Matthews, H.D., Millar, R., Rezai, A., Solomon, S. and Venmans, F. (2020) Steering the Climate System: Using Inertia to Lower the Cost of Policy: Comment. American Economic Review, 110(4): 1238-1241.
- Mykhnenko, V. (2020) Causes and Consequences of the War in Eastern Ukraine: An Economic Geography Perspective. Europe-Asia Studies.
- Octavianti, T. (2020) Rethinking water security: How does flooding fit into the concept? Environmental Science and Policy, 106: 145-156.
- Plyushteva, A. and Boussauw, K. (2020) Does night-time public transport contribute to inclusive night mobility? Exploring Sofia's night bus network from a gender perspective. Transport Policy, 87: 41-50.
- Schumacher, K., Chenet, H. and Volz, U. (2020) Sustainable finance in Japan. Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment.
- Shi, Q. and Dorling, D. (2020) Growing socio-spatial inequality in neo-liberal times? Comparing Beijing and London. Applied Geography, 115. 102139.