The research cluster is home to the editorial office of Journal of Biogeography, an international peer-review journal published by Blackwell Publishing.
Selected Publications (2022)
12 publications listed
- Elbakidze, M., Dawson, L., McDermott, C.L., Teitelbaum, S. and Tysiachniouk, M. (2022) Biodiversity conservation through forest certification: key factors shaping national Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) standard-development processes in Canada, Sweden, and Russia. Ecology and Society, 27(1). 9.
- Forsyth, T. and McDermott, C.L. (2022) When Climate Justice Goes Wrong: Maladaptation and Deep Co-Production in Transformative Environmental Science and Policy. Political Geography, 98. 102691.
- Forsyth, T., McDermott, C.L. and Dhakal, R. (2022) What Is Equitable about Equitable Resilience? Dynamic Risks and Subjectivities in Nepal. World Development, 159. 106020.
- Hasibuan, H. S. and Mulyani, M. (2022) Transit-Oriented Development: Towards Achieving Sustainable Transport and Urban Development in Jakarta Metropolitan, Indonesia. Sustainability, 14(9). 5244.
- Hole, G.M., Sinclair, D. and Macias-Fauria, M. (2022) Dropped in the Ocean - 87Sr/86Sr as a provenance tool for ice-rafted Arctic driftwood. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 590. 110856.
- Malhi, Y., Lander, T., le Roux, E., Stevens, N., Macias-Fauria, M., Wedding, L., Girardin, C., Kristensen, J.A., Sandom, C.J., Evans, T.D., Svenning, J.C. and Canney, S. (2022) The role of large wild animals in climate change mitigation and adaptation. Current Biology, 32(4). R181-R195.
- Martin, A.C., Assmann, J.J., Bradshaw, R.H.W., Kuoppamaa, M., Kuosmanen, N.I., Normand, S., Speed, J.D.M. and Macias-Fauria, M. (2022) What evidence exists for temporal variability in Arctic terrestrial and freshwater biodiversity throughout the Holocene? A systematic map protocol. Environ Evid, 11(13).
- Martin, A.C., Macias-Fauria, M., Bonsall, M.B., Forbes, B.C., Zetterberg, P. and Jeffers, E.S. (2022) Common mechanisms explain nitrogen-dependent growth of Arctic shrubs over three decades despite heterogeneous trends and declines in soil nitrogen availability. New Phytologist, 233(2): 670-686.
- McDermott, C. and Humphreys, D. (2022) Forests: the political ecology of international environmental governance. Chapter 42 in, Harris, P.G. (ed.) Routledge Handbook of Global Environmental Politics, 2nd Edition. Routledge.
- McDermott, C.L., Montana, J., Bennett, A., Gueiros, C., Hamilton, R., Hirons, M., Maguire-Rajpaul, V.A., Parry, E. and Picot, L. (2022) Transforming land use governance: Global targets without equity miss the mark. Environmental Policy and Governance.
- McDermott, C.L., Vira, B., Walcott, J., Brockhaus, M., Harris, M., Kumeh, E.M. and Gueiros, C. (2022) The Evolving Governance of REDD+. Chapter 2 in, Parrotta, J., Mansourian, S., Wildburger, C. and Grima, N. (eds.) Forests, Climate, Biodiversity and People: Assessing a Decade of REDD+. International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO).
- Putiamini, S., Mulyani, M., Petala, M.P., Soesilo, T.E.B. and Karsidia, A. (2022) Social vulnerability of coastal fish farming community to tidal (Rob) flooding: a case study from Indramayu, Indonesia. Journal of Coastal Conservation, 26(2). 115.
- Supplement to 'Dangers of crying wolf over risk of extinctions' PDF: 99.5 KB
This is a supplement to a article of correspondence, which appeared in Nature, 428(799) in 2004, by Richard Ladle, Paul Jepson, Miguel Araújo, and Robert Whittaker.
- Supplement to 'Global biodiversity plan needs to convince local policy-makers' PDF: 12.7 KB
This is a supplement to a article of correspondence, which appeared in Nature, 402(12) in 2001, by Paul Jepson.