The School of Geography and the Enviroment launched a £20k fund in 2016-17, from which seven 'Inspiration Awards' were created.
At the end of 2017, Inspiration Award winners were invited to each give a 7-minute talk on their 'innovative' project. From network-building and interdisciplinary collaborations with artists, web-tool and website building, to a public'head-hunt' and environmental work with school-children, all Inspiration Award projects proposed work that was totally new and might not normally have found funding by other means.
Be Inspired: Watch our bitesize videos
1. Introduction // Professor David Thomas
2. Heritage Network Scoping Study // Professor Heather Viles
3. An online tool for participatory mapping of cultural ecosystem services // Alison Smith
4. Global network on financial geography // Professor Dariusz Wójcik
5. Inspiring Kenyan schoolchildren with environmental research // Saskia Nowicki and Nancy Gladstone
6. Development of the Oxford Polar Forum Website // Dr Marc Macias-Fauria
7. Head hunting - the Sheldonian Emperors // Dr Martin Coombes (on behalf of Dr Katrin Wilhelm)
8. The Elephant in the Hedge // Dr Jamie Lorimer