Degree completed in 2022.
Environmental Risks, Stranded Assets, and the Impacts of Regulation on Firm Productivity
Personal website: https://www.yangsiyulu.com/
Yangsiyu is pursuing a DPhil degree in Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment and Institute for New Economic Thinking at the University of Oxford, under the supervision of Prof. Cameron Hepburn and Dr. Jacquelyn Pless. She is also a Global China research fellow at the Global Development Policy Center at Boston University.
With an educational background across social and natural science, her research is question-driven. She employs quantitative methods to understand 1) environmental policy’s impact on firms and 2) technological innovation in the energy transition.
Prior to her DPhil, she held various professional positions working on the environment and energy issues, such as with international organisations UNEP in Japan, the private sector Pernod Ricard in France and non-profit organisations Green Startups Accelerator in China.
She is fluent in Chinese (native), English and French, and intermediate in Spanish.
- Chen, C., Lu, Y. and Xing, L. (2021) Levelling renewable power output using hydrogen-based storage systems: A techno-economic analysis. Journal of Energy Storage, 37. 102413.
- Cohen, F., Schwarz, M., Li, S., Lu, Y. and Jani, A. (2020) The Challenge of Using Epidemiological Case Count Data: The Example of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases and the Weather, Perspectives on the Economics of the Environment in the Shadow of Coronavirus. Environmental and Resource Economics, 76: 447-517.
- Chen, C., Lu, Y. and Banares-Alcantara, R. (2019) Direct and indirect electrification of chemical industry using methanol production as a case study. Applied Energy, 243: 71-90.
- Han, W., Geng, Y., Lu, Y., Wilson, J., Sun, L., Satoshi, O., Geldron, A. and Qian, Y. (2018) Urban metabolism of megacities: A comparative analysis of Shanghai, Tokyo, London and Paris to inform low carbon and sustainable development pathways. Energy, 155: 887-898.
- Lu, Y., Geng, Y., Liu, Z., Cote, R. and Yu, X. (2017) Measuring sustainability at the community level: An overview of China's indicator system on National Demonstration Sustainable Communities. Journal of Cleaner Production, 143: 326-335.
- Lu, Y., Geng, Y., Qian, Y., Han, W., McDowall, W. and Bleischwitzb, R. (2016) Changes of human time and land use pattern in one mega city's urban metabolism: a multi-scale integrated analysis of Shanghai. Journal of Cleaner Production, 133: 391-401.
- Cohen, F., Ives, M., Srivastav, S., Schwarz, M., Lu, Y., Mealy, P., De Souza, P., Jackson, L. and Hepburn, C. (2020) Climate change and Emerging Markets after Covid-19. Pictet Asset Management 153 pp.