Degree completed in 2020.
Infrastructure, the Economy and Policy
Jiashun Huang has completed his DPhil at the Environmental Change Institute, the School of Geography and the Environment, and the Institute for New Economic Thinking at the Oxford Martin School, under the supervision of Prof Jim Hall and Prof Doyne Farmer. Jiashun is now LWP Fellow at the Labour and Worklife Programme at Harvard University. He has a broad range of research interests in economics, environment, innovation and policy. During the study in Oxford, his research focus was infrastructure, the economy, and policy, and he was involved in the UK Infrastructure Transitions Research Consortium (ITRC) programme. He was a Swire Scholar at Oxford, and his DPhil study was fully funded by the Swire Scholarship. He received the China Oxford Scholarship Fund (COSF), and also received funding from the GEMCLIME, the European Union's Horizon 2020 programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant. Prior to his DPhil at Oxford, Jiashun obtained his MPhil in Land Economy by Research from the University of Cambridge. Jiashun was also a researcher of the 30th Chinese National Antarctic Research Expedition team in Antarctica. Jiashun was one of the global top ten Extraordinary Potential Prize recipients of the 2018 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Abroad.
- Huang, J., Li, W., Guo, L., Hu, X. and Hall, J.W. (2020) Renewable energy and household economy in rural China. Renewable Energy, 155: 669-676.
- Huang, J., Li, W., Huang, X., Wang, Y. and Guo, L. (2020) Technology and innovation in China: A patent citation-based analysis. Science, Technology and Society.
- Li, J. and Huang, J. (2020) The expansion of China's solar energy: Challenges and policy options. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 132. 110002.
- Wang, Y., Chen, Y., Li, W., Wang, T., Guo, L., Li-Ying, J. and Huang, J. (2020) Funding research in universities: do government resources act as a complement or substitute to industry funding? Economic Research - Ekonomska Istrazivanja, 33(1): 1377-1393.
- Hu, X., Pant, R., Hall, J.W., Surminski, S. and Huang, J. (2019) Multi-Scale Assessment of the Economic Impacts of Flooding: Evidence from Firm to Macro-Level Analysis in the Chinese Manufacturing Sector. Sustainability, 11(7).
- Hu, D., Wang, Y., Huang, J. and Huang, H. (2017) How do different innovation forms mediate the relationship between environmental regulation and performance? Journal of Cleaner Production, 161: 466-476.
- Huang, J., Li, W., Huang, X. and Guo, L. (2017) Analysis of the relative sustainability of land devoted to bioenergy: Comparing land-use alternatives in China. Sustainability, 9(5): 801-813.
- Wang, Y., Huang, J., Chen, Y., Pan, X. and Chen, J. (2013) Have Chinese universities embraced their third mission? New insight from a business perspective. Scientometrics, 97(2): 207-222.
- Huang, J., Murthy, S. and Velu, C. (2020) How do firms achieve optimal distinctiveness?. Annual Conference 2020. Strategic Management Society.
- Huang, J., Murthy, S. and Velu, C. (2019) Convergence in additive manufacturing industry: A tale of two firms. Annual Conference 2019. R and D Management.
- Wang, Y., Pan, X., Huang, J., Chen, X., Roijakkers, N. and Vanhaverbeke, W. (2014) Firm Heterogeneity and Learning by Technology In-Licensing: Empirical Evidence from China. Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Management Science and Engineering Management, 242: 1417-1429.