Jiashun Huang has completed his DPhil at the Environmental Change Institute, the School of Geography and the Environment, and the Institute for New Economic Thinking at the Oxford Martin School, under the supervision of Prof Jim Hall and Prof Doyne Farmer. Jiashun is now LWP Fellow at the Labour and Worklife Programme at the Harvard University. He has a broad range of research interests in economics, environment, innovation and policy. During the study in Oxford, his research interest is in infrastructure, the economy and policy, and he is involved in the UK Infrastructure Transitions Research Consortium (ITRC) programme. He was a Swire Scholar and COSF Scholar in Oxford, and his DPhil study was fully funded by the Swire Scholarship. He also received funding from the GEMCLIME, the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 681228. Prior to his DPhil at Oxford, Jiashun obtained his MPhil in Land Economy by Research (dissertation with Distinction) from the University of Cambridge. Jiashun was also a researcher of the 30th Chinese National Antarctic Research Expedition team in Antarctica. Jiashun was one of the global top ten extortionary excellence award recipients of the 2018 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Students Abroad.
Degree completed in 2020.
Infrastructure, the Economy and Policy
- Supervisors: Professor Jim Hall; Professor Doyne Farmer (INET);
- Member: Climate Systems and Policy research cluster;
- Huang, J., Li, W., Huang, X., Wang, Y. and Guo, L. (forthcoming) Technology and innovation in China: A patent citation-based analysis. Science, Technology and Society.
- Huang, J., Li, W., Guo, L., Hu, X. and Hall, J.W. (2020) Renewable energy and household economy in rural China. Renewable Energy, 155: 669-676.
- Wang, Y., Chen, Y., Li, W., Wang, T., Guo, L., Li-Ying, J. and Huang, J. (2020) Funding research in universities: do government resources act as a complement or substitute to industry funding? Economic Research - Ekonomska Istrazivanja, 33(1): 1377-1393.
- Hu, X., Pant, R., Hall, J.W., Surminski, S. and Huang, J. (2019) Multi-Scale Assessment of the Economic Impacts of Flooding: Evidence from Firm to Macro-Level Analysis in the Chinese Manufacturing Sector. Sustainability, 11(7).
- Hu, D., Wang, Y., Huang, J. and Huang, H. (2017) How do different innovation forms mediate the relationship between environmental regulation and performance? Journal of Cleaner Production, 161: 466-476.
- Huang, J., Li, W., Huang, X. and Guo, L. (2017) Analysis of the relative sustainability of land devoted to bioenergy: Comparing land-use alternatives in China. Sustainability, 9(5): 801-813.
- Wang, Y., Huang, J., Chen, Y., Pan, X. and Chen, J. (2013) Have Chinese universities embraced their third mission? New insight from a business perspective. Scientometrics, 97(2): 207-222.
- Huang, J., Murthy, S. and Velu, C. (2020) How do firms achieve optimal distinctiveness?. Annual Conference 2020. Strategical Management Society.
- Huang, J., Murthy, S. and Velu, C. (2019) Convergence in additive manufacturing industry: A tale of two firms. Annual Conference 2019. R and D Management.
- Wang, Y., Pan, X., Huang, J., Chen, X., Roijakkers, N. and Vanhaverbeke, W. (2014) Firm Heterogeneity and Learning by Technology In-Licensing: Empirical Evidence from China. Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Management Science and Engineering Management, 242: 1417-1429.