International Graduate School: Current Graduate Research
Options in Climate Change Adaptation, Resilience and Mitigation: Evidence from Zambia’s Rural-Rural Migration
Cuthbert is a DPhil student interested in understanding the environmental change processes that affect people's livelihoods in rural economies and how both policy and the environment influence or affect their coping strategies. He holds a bachelors degree of the University of Zambia in Physical Geography; and a masters degree of the University of Hull (Kingston Upon Hull) in Environmental Technology. Cuthbert has worked as an environmental specialist in a huge government project under the World Bank in Zambia focussing on addressing environmental liabilities from former mining activities. He is also a co-founder of an environmental consultancy firm specialising in environmental engineering solutions and sustainability planning that draws its clients from the extractive industry within Zambia.
Cuthbert is also an academic in early career years at the Copperbelt University in the Environmental Engineering Department.
- Makondo, C.C. and Thomas, D.S.G. (2020) Seasonal and intra-seasonal rainfall and drought characteristics as indicators of climate change and variability in Southern Africa: a focus on Kabwe and Livingstone in Zambia. Theoretical and Applied Climatology.
- Makondo, C.C. and Thomas, D.S.G. (2018) Climate change adaptation: Linking indigenous knowledge with western science for effective adaptation. Environmental Science and Policy, 88: 83-91.
- Makondo, C.C., Sichilima, S., Silondwa, M., Sikazwe, R., Maiba, L., Longwe, C. and Chiliboyi, Y. (2015) Environmental Management Compliance, Law and Policy Regimes in Developing Countries: A Review of the Zambian Case. International Journal of Environmental Protection and Policy, 3(4): 79-87.
- Makondo, C.C., Chola, K. and Moonga, B. (2014) Climate Change Adaptation and Vulnerability: A Case of Rain Dependent Small-Holder Farmers in Selected Districts in Zambia. American Journal of Climate Change, 3(4): 388-403.
- Makondo, C.C., Mundike, J. and Mwaanga, P. (2013) Lead Deposition from Mobile Sources: A Case Study of Ndola-Kitwe Dual Carriage Highway. American Journal of Environmental Protection, 2(6): 128-133.