Watch Dr Fiona McConnell provide an overview of the Transformations: Economy, Society and Place research cluster at the SEED 2015 event.
Building upon our strengths in the geography of finance, work and employment, gender, class and ethnicity, governance, social justice and social change in both the developed and developing worlds, the Transformations research cluster seeks to better understand both institutional and life-cycle change, inter-generational equity and commitment, and mobilities at different spatial scales expressed in the geography of economic, social and cultural processes.
The research cluster has active links with the Smith School of Enterprise and Environment, Transport Studies Unit, the Oxford Diasporas Programme, the Oxford Institute of Ageing, and the Centre on Migration Policy and Society (COMPAS). The research cluster maintains a core seminar programme and collaboration across Oxford in cognate disciplines.
News and Research Highlights
- Pigott, D.M., Deshpande, A., Letourneau, I., Morozoff, C., Reiner Jr, R.C., Kraemer, M.U.G., Brent, S.E., Bogoch, I.I., Khan, D., Biehl, M.H., Burstein, R., Earl, L., Fullman, N., Messina, J.P., Mylne, A.Q.N., Moyes, C.L., Shearer, F.M., Bhatt, S., Brady, O.J., Gething, P.W., Weiss, D.J., Tatem, A.J., Caley, L., Groeve, T.D., Vernaccini, L., Golding, N., Horby, P., Kuhn, J.H., Laney, S.J., Ng, E., Piot, P., Sandoh, O., Murray, C.J.L. and Hay, S.I. (2017) Local, national, and regional viral haemorrhagic fever pandemic potential in Africa: a multistage analysis. The Lancet.
- Clark, G.L. (2017) The financial legacy of pension fund capitalism. Chapter 15 in, Martin, R. and Pollard, J. (eds.) Handbook on the Geographies of Money and Finance. Edward Elgar. pp. 348-376. ISBN: 978 1 78471 899 2.
- Roic, K., Garrick, D. and Qadir, M. (2017) The Ebb and Flow of Water Conflicts: A Case Study of India and Pakistan. In, Adeel, Z. and Wirsing, R.G. (eds.) Imagining Industan. Springer International Publishing. pp. 49-66.
- Groom, B. and Hepburn, C. (2017) Reflections - Looking Back at Social Discounting Policy: The Influence of Papers, Presentations, Political Preconditions, and Personalities. Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, 11(2): 336-356.
- Hamilton, K. and Hepburn, C. (eds.) (2017) National Wealth: What is Missing, Why it Matters. Oxford University Press, Oxford. pp. 496. ISBN: 9780198803720.