Watch Dr Fiona McConnell provide an overview of the Transformations: Economy, Society and Place research cluster at the SEED 2015 event.
Building upon our strengths in the geography of finance, work and employment, gender, class and ethnicity, governance, social justice and social change in both the developed and developing worlds, the Transformations research cluster seeks to better understand both institutional and life-cycle change, inter-generational equity and commitment, and mobilities at different spatial scales expressed in the geography of economic, social and cultural processes.
The research cluster has active links with the Smith School of Enterprise and Environment, Transport Studies Unit, the Oxford Diasporas Programme, the Oxford Institute of Ageing, and the Centre on Migration Policy and Society (COMPAS). The research cluster maintains a core seminar programme and collaboration across Oxford in cognate disciplines.
News and Research Highlights
- Klenert, D., Mattauch, L., Combet, E., Edenhofer, O., Hepburn, C., Rafaty, R. and Stern, N. (2018) Making carbon pricing work for citizens. Nature Climate Change, 8: 669-677.
- Ives, M.C., Simpson, M. and Hall, J.W. (2018) Navigating the water trilemma: a strategic assessment of long‐term national water resource management options for Great Britain. Water and Environment Journal.
- Clarke, C. (2018) Mexico and the Caribbean Under Castro's Eyes: A Journal of Decolonization, State Formation and Democratization. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham. ISBN: 978-3-319-77169-4.
- Byers, E., Gidden, M., Leclere, D., Balkovic, J., Burek, P., Ebi, K., Greve, P., Grey, D., Havlik, P., Hillers, A., Johnson, N., Kahil, T., Krey, V., Langan, S., Nakicenovic, N., Novak, R., Obersteiner, M., Pachauri, S., Palazzo, A., Parkinson, S., Rao, N., Rogelj, J., Satoh, Y., Wada, Y., Wilaarts, B. and Riahi, K. (2018) Global exposure and vulnerability to multi-sector development and climate change hotspots. Environmental Research Letters, 13(5).
- Cassis, Y. and Wójcik, D. (eds.) (2018) International Financial Centres after the Global Financial Crisis and Brexit. Oxford University Press, Oxford. pp. 272. ISBN: 9780198817314.