We will be happy to provide you with historical data and current observations. If you need any information please contact the Meteorological Observer
You may obtain the following information from the Radcliffe Meteorological Station on the regular basis:
- Barometric pressure, dry and wet bulb temperatures, humidity, soil temperatures measured at a depth of 5cm, 10cm, 20cm, 30cm, 100cm, visibility and cloud cover. All these variables refer to 09.00 GMT.
- Maximum and minimum air temperatures, minimum concrete and grass temperatures, rainfall and hours of bright sunshine. These measurements refer to the 24 hours preceding the time of observation (09.00 GMT).
- Hourly means of wind speed and direction, maximum gust during hour, hourly totals of bright sunshine.
- As of 2005, the Radcliffe Meteorological Station no longer maintains an automatic weather station.
- Monthly summaries of weather at Oxford. The charges for these data will be as follows:
- Information for student projects is supplied free of charge.
Cheques should be made payable to the 'School of Geography and the Environment' and sent to us at the following address: School of Geography and the Environment, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QY, UK.
Other meteorological information collected at the Radcliffe Weather Stations since 1767 can be obtained on request from the School of Geography and the Environment. Please contact the Meteorological Observer