If you have any queries, or have problems completing the application form, please contact Abi Johnston or Milembe Wilkinson via email@example.com
If you are an undergraduate and would like to formally take a year abroad with the University of Oxford, please see the University's information for Visiting students.
- This policy statement relates principally to those students who are not (a) direct students in the School - nor (b) covered by the University procedures for awarding visiting student status.
- 'Visitor' status is an honorary category of association and indicates its temporary/fixed term nature and distinguishes it from admitted students.
- The award is governed by two main principles:
- Any such status should be for a fixed time period - normally, up to 6 months, renewable once for a further 6 month period. Renewal will be subject to an assessment of a new application on a case by case basis.
- The award of student visitor status should be dependent upon a demonstrable association with one or more of the following:
- a named academic staff member;
- a research cluster / group (including ECI, SSEE and TSU).
- The award of student visitor status may entitle the holder to access to University and/or School services, subject to the following charges:
- a compulsory standard administration charge of £50 to cover processing costs;
- a bench-fee of £5,000 per annum (pro-rata) if desk space and office facilities are required;
- there may be an additional charge, where applicable, to cover visa/work permit fees. Applicants must liaise with the School's HR Office to ensure that they meet the UK Border Agency's visa and work permit requirements before making an application. Please see the UK Border Agency website for more information.
- Please note that applications must be signed by the applicant and nominator before they can be processed.
- All applications for the award of student visitor status must be made using the following application form:
Please note you may need to download this form in order to complete it.
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org